Page Buttons

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Needle and Thread Thursday!

Happy NTT, friends!  Since last week's party, I have actually started and finished a quilt, but I can't share it just yet, so let's kick off this week's party with some features from last week!

There's no resisting a rainbow for me.  I love them!  This eye-catching rainbow pixel quilt is from Shannon at The Flemings Nine-


These happy circles are from Smiles From Kate!


and because I'm a shameless Hamilton junkie, I can't help but share this awesome mini by Jess at Quilty Habit- LOVE!!  Even if you don't love Hamilton (or just aren't familiar with it), the quote and mad quilting skills are totally share worthy.


I do have one thing to share, and that is a photo of a finished Stems and Stones quilt top from someone in my June class with the Courthouse Quilters in White Bluff, TN.  Nancy made a twin sized quilt with a black background, and just sent me a pic of the finished top.  I think it looks so striking with the dark background!  I can't seem to get the photo any bigger without becoming blurry, but I'm so glad she shared it with me!


Okay then, friends!  It's time to party.  Let's link up!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)





15 comments:

  1. I'm glad Nancy sent the photo of her quilt. The dark background really changes the look. And she extended the blocks so they weren't cut off which I think makes a big difference, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for sharing! I have at least one more Hamilton mini in the works. In my head. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kelly! Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a treat to see that pixelated rainbow quilt again. I just love it. Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing all of these quilts - very inspiring! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly! Your Stem and Stones pattern looks fantastic also with the dark back ground - so different! Thank you for the party! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stem and stones looks great with a dark background. I've always been a fan of white backgrounds, but I'm slowly being persuaded that sometimes you just have to go to the dark side. Beautiful quilts from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that dark background ; it makes everything pop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for letting me share here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have great pics up. I was just dreaming of a mosaic sun so this was a perfect day to stop by. Love the pic of the Stems and Stones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great pics this week, as always. It's my first time posting, so thanks for letting me share my top. It will be hand quilted later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I can hardly resist a rainbow myself! I like how the dark background on that last one really seems to make the circles pop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting and for showcasing the Hamilton quote. I missed seeing it last week. To use your words, I too, am a Hamilton junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kelly, thank you so much for mentioning my quilt, I am so flattered. I still haven't finished the borders yet but fingers crossed I will have soon. Thank you so much for hosting every week, you contribute such a lot to the quilting community.
    Smiles
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips